Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ring of fire

... make fashionable (for those of you arriving here via Facebook, this transition makes perfect sense).

I have always loved jewellery. Maybe it's genetic, since my father actually made silver jewellery back in the day, or maybe it's just part of my obsession with fashion and identity. Either way, every time I step into an accessories store I invariably come out with yet another piece of jewellery. 

And it's usually a ring. Whether it be for one finger, two or even three... it was most definitely made for me! 

It started innocently enough, with the purchase of my first two-finger ring (exhibit a). Featuring a bird in flight and acquired at Forever 21, the ring in question reminded me of rockabilly and I thought it would look cute paired with a red bandana and a pompadour, à la Rosie the Riveter.

exhibit a

Next came a few variations on the aforementioned, with a variety of two-finger, in between the fingers, rings (exhibits b and c). Then it was the knuckle duster, a serious three-finger ring originally intended for combat (exhibit d). Then, the cocktail ring (exhibit e) which conveniently doubles as a disco ball.
 exhibit b

 exhibit c

 exhibit d

 exhibit e

Kidding.

Mid-finger rings (exhibits f and g), worn between the knuckle and the nail as opposed to the knuckle and the palm, weren't far behind and though it took me ages to find them (thank you Editorial Boutique), I really appreciated 'em once I did.

exhibits f and g

Seriously.

Not long ago, I discovered nail rings (exhibit h) thanks to one of my favourite blogs, Cupcakes and Cashmere. After searching for one with the ferocity of a lady lion protecting her cub, I landed upon one at an incongruous store on St. Laurent, in Montreal, whilst on a short visit. When I tried it on the sales lady nearly had a conniption because she had no idea how it was supposed to be worn.

exhibit h

Finally, I have a secret fondness for anything with letters and/or initials so I absolutely loved the ones (exhibits i and j) I got at Urban Outfitters. Not to mention the super cool one-finger, connected by chains beauty I recently picked up (exhibit k).

exhibits i and j (or j and l, ha!)

exhibit k

Perhaps this post would have been more aptly titled "Confessions of a shopaholic?"

Note. This blog post was written standing up, in the style of Ernest Hemingway. It's the first time I've tried it and I like it. A lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment