Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A room with a view

I recently moved into my latest incarnation of home and am pretty much done with trying to make it feel like me.

One last painting needs hanging, and it's not The Last Supper, but after countless losing battles with plaster, and a very uncooperative hammer, I've decided to simmer down before losing my shit tackling the behemoth that is my large, heavy, framed - and autographed - poster of George Chuvalo and Muhammad Ali.

Only George Chuvalo signed it but whatevs. I love it. Over the course of his career, in 93 fights, Chuvalo was never knocked down - or out.

Word!

Moving is never easy - even for a pro such as myself who does it every year. 

Trying to make a rental feel like home is no simple task, especially when you know have the feeling it probably won't be for long. 

And you can hear your neighbour sneeze at almost exactly the same time every day. Loudly. As if he was, in fact, sitting right next to you even though he's not. 

How much time, money and effort is really worth putting into it?

Time? A little. Money? Ummm... as close to none as possible. Effort? Some.

So, after putting in a little time, almost no money and some effort into my apartment I am ready to present it online, a la Design Sponge.    

Without further ado, here is a sneak peek of my small, rented "pied-a terre" in Montreal.

Enjoy!







One of the best thing about my apartment is the view. And I don't mean the view into my neighbours' apartments, a la Rear Window


I mean the view of Saint Joseph's Oratory





No comments:

Post a Comment