Thursday, June 20, 2013

My bloody Valentine

In honour of the True Blood season six premiere Sunday, I thought I'd bring back my bloody Valentine - aka the Sookie Stackhouse inspired French manicure - with a nifty how-to nail sesh.


I say inspired by Sookie, particularly, because I remember "someone" once telling me that the French manicure was slightly... waitressy in bent.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  

To achieve the bloody slash waitressy effect, start by painting your nails a light pink colour, the same shade you'd use for a regular French manicure. Once dry, take a bright red nail polish and trace the edges of your nails with it. Drag the brush down to create a dripping effect every couple of nails, without being too symmetrical.

Once dry, apply a clear coat and let the mayhem ensue.







So what did y'all think of the True Blood premiere anyhow? 

For starters, I watched the pre-show filmed live from the set of Fangtasia and was surprised to hear Jason Stackhouse's/Ryan Kwanten decidedly non-True Blood Australian accent.

Impressive. 

I was also surprised to see how... rude some of the "actors" were to the host.

Not so impressive.

As for the show itself, I was happy the second-half took place in Bon Temps instead of a boardroom of the Vampire Auhority's headquarters.

Enough with that already. I need me some Merlotte's. 










No comments:

Post a Comment