Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Calling all fashionistas

This weekend, while it rained, I curled up on the couch to watch In Vogue: The Editor's Eye, a documentary about the many fascinating women who have held the coveted titles of editor-in-chief and fashion editor at (American) Vogue. 


While I watched the film, which included interviews with Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicole Kidman, I was struck by the many creative, and eccentric, women that have toiled at Vogue to make it "the bible" it now is.

From Diana Vreeland and Polly Melen to Grace Coddington and, of course, Anna Wintour, the film is a literal who's who of the fashion industry past and present.

And it reminded me so much of this scene from one of my favourite movies, Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn, which pretty much set the tone for my fashion sense at the tender age of... 13?


Speaking of Audrey Hepburn...




LOVE!

In addition to being one of my early fashion inspirations, she also had the best apartment - as Holly Golightly.

My love for a certain style (part boho/part bordello!) may have started with Breakfast at Tiffany's but it positively blossomed with SATC and Carrie's New York (not so maxi) pad.  



Vogue!

In closing, from thinking pink to being pretty in it, I absolutely love it when what I watch onscreen somehow sartorially inspires me in real life. 

Like this.


I actually bought a pattern and made a dress after watching Andy doing the same. 

And how much do you love Annie Potts' Chinatown apartment?

Tomorrow... into the closet we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment