Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday five

These days my life seems to be all about E!.

And by E! I mean the E! network, natch.

While I have absolutely no patience for the schlock televised by most local and basic cable networks - and don't even get me started on the quality of "news" these days - the E! network holds a nearly endless fascination for me.  

From Joan Rivers and Chelsea Handler to Kimora Lee Simmons and Betsey Johnson, without forgetting the ubiquitous Kardashians (of course), the roster of talented, or at the very least entertaining, folks at the E! network is mind boggling.

As if turning 80 isn't enough to celebrate, Joan Rivers has a total of two, count 'em, two shows on E!: Fashion Police and Joan and Melissa. Fashion police is an hour of fashion truth doled out by the queen of comedy along with her Joan Rangers; Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic and George Kotsiopoulos. 

While several celebrities don't seem to find the humour in being (good-naturedly) ridiculed - aka Anne Hathaway "we've seen your breasts, calm down" - I find it fabulous.


Speaking of fabulosity, Kimora Lee Simmons, self-proclaimed style icon, offers a behind-the-scenes look at her online shoe empire, JustFab, on Kimora: House of Fab. As a member of JustFab that has not yet taken the plunge and purchased a pair of sky-high stilettos, the show is pretty convincing. I mean... just check out what my fave gay Johnny JustFab has to say about... matching shoez and bagz.


While there is no one I enjoy keeping up with more than the Kardashians, I especially enjoy keeping up with their eating.


I'm weird in that I like to watch a lot of food shows. Whether it's watching food be prepared, served or actually consumed, I enjoy it. It calms me. It's like living umami

I dare you to watch an episode, nay, a segment, of Keeping up with the K's without getting hungry. When they're not taking food out of a (perfectly organized) fridge, eating in, eating out, ordering in or taking out, they're talking about how hungry they are.

I know exactly how they feel.

I actually went online to try and find out who made and delivered their at-home meals (hello Sunfare!), because the chicken Caesar salad looked so good.

But back to business.

That's what she said. 

Betsey Johnson I mean.

After going bankrupt, or out of business, the cartwheel-into-splits designer is re-launching her career, and returning to New York fashion Week, via the Style network and E! with XOX Betsey Johnson.

And then there's Chelsea Lately... 


Sing it sister!



 



 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment