Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday five

Street style has become a global phenomenon thanks to the world wide web. 

With literally hundreds, if not thousands, of blogs dedicated to street style worldwide - including an old friend of mine's, Tommy Ton, who is the talent behind Jak & Jil - it isn't surprising that more and more people are turning to regular people to see what's hot... 

... and what's not.

According to Andy Warhol, "in the future everyone will be world famous for 15 minutes." While he eventually tired of that line and changed it to "in fifteen minutes everybody will be famous," I'll stick with his initial thought and tell y'all about my fifteen (or five) minutes of fame.


The Huffington Post is an online news "aggregator" and blog founded by Arianna Huffington, among others, which has been running a recurring feature called "Styles de rue," or street styles, which highlights stylish Montrealers on the streets of, well, Montreal.

And guess who they papped?

That's right.

Lil ol' me

But don't worry. I won't let my 15 minutes get to my head. How could I when these guys are rocking (and socking) true street style?










 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment