Thursday, July 25, 2013

Beach Blanket Bingo

So the other day I was watching The View - umm, you know, as you do - and they were talking to Frankie Avalon, the very former teen idol who popularized the beach party movie with Anette Funicello, about something or other...

If I were in a beach party movie the soundtrack would most definitely be Santo and Johnny's Sleep Walk, circa 1959.


But back to beach blankets. 

I had the opportunity to roll out my very own not long after my View viewing at St-Zotique Beach, located a mere 45 minutes outside of Montreal.

Complete with sun, sand and water, the beach is "the ideal place to spend quality time with your family" according to the website. It's also the ideal place to enjoy the most multicultural, and delicious, barbeque ever. And that's according to me.    

But the proof, as they say, is in the pudding...




Aside from barbequing, the beach was also a great opportunity for some people to get some baptizing in. Apparently.


But above everything, the beach, and beach party vibe, provided me and my pals with some good, clean fun on an otherwise... very hot day. There's nothing a little Banana Boat and a frolic in the ocean (or in this case, Lac Tabar...) won't cure.  



 

And to end, a song from another day, another beach and another couple...

No comments:

Post a Comment