Saturday, January 30, 2016

My jam

My jam (what I'm listening to or my current playlist) has always had a big impact on my writing (in that I can't write unless I'm listening to music).

At work, in various corporate and marketing communications positions, I would routinely put on headphones to create the necessary "vibe" to write whatever I had to write; whether it be a press release or an article about, say... tequila.  

Recently, my jam has been pretty heavily influenced by the people I follow on Instagram (let's be honest here, I'm actually only referring to one person; Kylie Jenner) though Kate Hudson posted one of the songs from Rihanna's new Anti album today - Love on the Brain - and I'm really diggin' it. It has an old-school love ballad quality to it, like Santo and Johnny's Sleep Walk, The Flamingos' I Only have Eyes for You, and The Platters' Twilight Time.

(I would post it but apparently it's been taken off the internet... for now... good thing I listened to it 10 times this morning.) Since I can't, I'll post this instead:

 #BBHMM

But back to KJ (Kylie, not Kendall. Or Kris). Thanks to a nifty page on Instagram I get to follow her Snapchat (without actually having to be on Snapchat) and discover loads of new (to me) music. Like Post Malone.

 White Iverson

Saucin'.

Another artist I chanced upon through KJ is GFrsh on Gabrielle Aplin's Panic Cord.

"you kept all the things i threw away"
 
Due to the current, ummm, situation in KJ's life (Tyga) his music has definitely been making it to my playlist as well. From Rack City and Doped Up (Tyga's ode to Michael Jackson's Thriller) to Stimulated (his ode to, ummm, nevermind).

"they say she young, i should've waited"

I actually "rediscovered" a song through Kendall Jenner who had it playing in the background of one of her Instagram videos; Your Love by The Outfield.

"you know i like my girls a little bit older"   

So far, nothing from Kris.











   

No comments:

Post a Comment