Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The accidental tourist


There’s nothing sweeter than feeling like a tourist in your own city—like when you’ve just moved somewhere new and are dying to explore its every nook and cranny or when you know you’re leaving, and everything you took for granted (or even hated) suddenly seems unique and makes you feel nostalgic. That’s me right now… a tourist in La Belle Province’s most cosmopolitan city: Montreal. 

                                                                            
While I usually like nothing better than spending the entire weekend holed up at home enjoying the finer things in life (!) I’ve been making an effort to get out and about and soak up everything Montreal in the summer has to offer. First it was the Mt. Royal and St. Laurent street festivals followed by dumplings in Chinatown. Then it was the new Clock Tower Beach in the Old Port. 










The reason I’m a tourist in my own city is because I’m moving to parts unknown (somewhere in Gatineau) to be with my beau. I have a million things to do, both at work and at home, before leaving but all I wanna do is have some fun (like Sheryl Crowe).

I created this blog with the goal of chronicling my move from the city to the country, hence its clever name, and I sincerely hope to build up the drive to post on a regular basis. There are so many blogs that I enjoy on a daily basis, like Cupcakes and Cashmere, Lost in Translation and The Nomad’s Land, and I hope to create something that at least one person finds joy in. 

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Oulenka, but I don't think you'll need it --you are one of the most creative people I know.
    mamita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urs! This is sooo cool! I will for sure be following your adventures since I was there from the sweet beginnings!!! Heehee
    Best of luck with the move!!! Xox
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete