Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hips ahoy!

I've been back in Montreal for a while now but my mind is still a million (or so) miles away, floating in the brackish waters of the Sunshine State. 

From the Intracoastal Waterway that winds inland, along the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico coasts, to The Everglades' Lake Okeechobee, I was lucky enough to be treated to two unique boating experiences while in Florida, the likes of which I'll never forget.     

Aboard the Hips Ahoy, I had the pleasure of watching the world drift lazily by as our trusty captain led us through various inlets, rivers, bays and sounds along Hollywood and Dania beaches and I freely admit to wanting to make a break for The Bahamas, when it was pointed out to me way, way, way in the distance.
 
Hips Ahoy

Quaint houses and small fishing boats slowly transformed into mighty mansions and luxury yachts as the Hips Ahoy stealthily made her way to Fort Lauderdale.






Aboard an airboat built by the previously mentioned captain over 20 long years, I had the opportunity to relive one of my favourite episodes of Kourtney and Khloe take Miami; Land of the Lost.
 




photo by Frank Coluccino

And the road goes ever on...


 










No comments:

Post a Comment